|All articles by date|
|Best of Hair Talk|
|Braids & Dreadlocks|
|Curly Hairstyles & FAQ's|
|Hair Care & Recipes|
|Hair Jewelry & Accessories|
|Hair Link of the Week|
|Long Hair Info & Styles|
|Men's Hair Info|
|Short Hair Styles|
|Revised Date: 10/04/11
Historically actress Piper Perabo (born October 31, 1976) wears her below-the-shoulder long blonde hair with natural waves and texture around the perimeter. She also tends to wear her hair with an array of parts ranging from side and center to off-center.
The sassy star of USA's Covert Affairs appears to have fine hair which is shiny and silky.
For the recent press junket to promote Season 2 of the popular TV series she wore her hairstyle sleek and bone straight cascading off a short center part.
More Info: To see more of Piper's hairstyles visit her celebrity hairstyle gallery.
Piper works with a variety of hairstylists and generally appears to look best when her hair is worn longer to offset her prominent chin.
Her base hair color is a buttery blonde which is highlighted and low lighted with a range of complementary blonde hues to give her hair the appearance of lushness, movement and shimmer.
How To Steal Piper's Sleek Straight Hair
If you'd like to steal Piper's sleek straight hairstyle follow the steps below. Remember to select products, styling tools and techniques which work best for your hair type, texture and current condition.
1. Detangle hair from ends to roots with a hair friendly comb or similar.
2. Cleanse hair in lukewarm with product designed for your hair type, texture, condition and length. Use desired cleansing methodology such as shampoo, low poo, no poo, Diluted Shampoo (DS), Conditioner Only (CO), water only (WO).
If your hair is color treated be sure to utilize products or care methodologies which address the care and long term maintenance of your hair color.
3. Rinse out shampoo or similar. Apply a rinse out conditioner from the bottom of the ear lobes to the ends. Detangle with fingers or smooth toothed comb or wide tooth comb.
4. After detangling rinse with a cool/cold water rinse.
5. Towel blot to remove excess moisture.
Note: If your hair is naturally wavy and you prefer to enhance those waves then select a product based on your hair type, texture, length and needs.
7. Use a comb to separate hair into 4-6 sections in a pie-slice style pattern.
8. Blow dry hair with a 100% boar bristle paddle brush and a blow dryer. To get hair completely straight apply pressure with the brush at the ends of each section.
Hold each section taut as you blow dry directly the air flow of the dryer down the section from the roots to the ends. This builds in natural shine.
Note: If you prefer to enhance natural waves you may prefer to use a long finger diffuser set on a medium speed with a cool setting.
9. When hair is 100% dry use a 1" barrel flat iron on individual 2" sections arranged in a pie-slice formation. Work around the head from side to side.
10. After hair is completely cool use fingers to arrange. If you wish to brush lightly to arrange hair use a boar bristle paddle brush.
11. Finish with a drop or two of shine serum massaged into the palms of the hands and lightly brushed up and over the top of the finished hairstyle.
Other Piper Perabo Hair Secrets
If you look closely you will notice that Piper's hair has lighter locks around her face which brightens her complexion and plays up her beautiful eyes and lips.
To recreate Piper's hair color ask for a blend of beige and golden highlights.
Piper Perabo is remembered by many as the sassy sexy singer Violet Sanford from Coyote Ugly trading barbs with actress Maria Bello who owned the bar.
Now she plays Annie Walker, the girl next door, who just happens to work for the CIA on USA's Covert Affairs. She has great interaction with actor Christopher Gorham who plays a blind agent.
For her role as the low key agent whose family has no clue what she does at work, her hairstyle is perfect.
Social Media Network Information
Visit us at Hairboutique.com located at: http://www.HairBoutique.com, on Facebook, MySpace and YouTube.
Thank you for visiting us at The HairBoutique Blog and for leaving your comments.
They are very much appreciated. We apologize in advance but must remove any direct advertisements or solicitations.
Original Publication Date: 06/07/11 - Revised Date: 10/04/11
For additional hair care articles, tips and product information check out the following links: